Thanksgiving Banner

November 5, 2011

Yesterday I was perusing all of my favorite blogs and found a must-do project on Tatertots & Jello.  Jen (something about this name makes people unbelievably creative!) made an adorable Thanksgiving bunting with little pockets containing family activities counting down to Thanksgiving.  LOVE IT!

I didn't have any fabric on hand, but when you are feeling inspired waiting can be lethal to the idea you now have fresh on the brain.  I grabbed my stack of scrapbook paper, a few scraps of yarn, my handy craft glue and a few strips of muslin that I have collected from the scrap bin at Joann's.

In my ideal world I would put this cute little banner on the mantel, unfortunately our television is currently blocking about 1/3 of our fireplace.  Ugh...

Here is what I came up with...




'
The gorgeous frayed peacock dahlia is a little number I had hand sewn to use as an embellishment on a crocheted hat for my tiny Ella, but I haven't gotten around to that yet.  It is too beautiful to sit in my craft closet waiting to be appreciated!

2 comments:

Jen @ tatertotsandjello.com said...

It turned out great! I love the colors and the pretty flower!!

xoxo
Jen

STARDUST said...

Very nice! Thanks for visiting my place! Just followed you so that we help eachother!
Love, Olga
www.stardust-blogspot.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...