I am still not a morning person {but I do get up early}!

April 10, 2012

It has been 21 days since I challenged myself to become a morning person.

I would still not describe myself as a morning person.  I don't wake up with a "go get 'em" attitude.

I do, however, wake up earlier.  And my waking up before everyone else has made mornings here a heck of a lot more pleasant!  Maia has been on time everyday {except one}!

What did I discover on this tiresome journey?

1.  Keep your alarm out of arm's reach.  You absolutely have to do this.  I guarantee that if you can reach it from the bed you will hit snooze and you will continue to do so for at least 30 minutes.
2.  Drink one cup of coffee before anyone gets up.  Drink a second cup two hours later.  I started drinking coffee in week two of the challenge.  It is amazing.  I'm not sure how I functioned as a mother before coffee... it is a blur...
3.  If you have the opportunity to take a short nap at some point in the day - TAKE IT.
4.  It is impossible to get up early and not use the computer during that time.
5.  Not cleaning during your morning alone time is crucial.
6.  You may discover, as I did, that getting up as early as six isn't necessary.  Waking up at 6:30 was more than enough time for me to enjoy some peace and quiet, have a nice warm drink and allow my brain to adjust to the day at it's own pace.
7.  If you aren't a morning person already, this challenge will not turn you into one.  It will, however, make you an early riser.  That is good enough for me.
{source}

The early bird gets the worm.
{source}
Have a great day!

Watch out for tomorrow morning's Potter post!

1 comment:

Kimberly said...

good job for sticking with it! I really need to do this, because I wait until the last possible second to get up and hit my snooze about 5 times! lol:) It can be very crazy in the mornings and I ALWAYS forget something!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...